International Standards Update Program
When: Friday, March 1, 2012
Where: Wingate Hotel, 7500 Tylers Place Blvd., West Chester, OH 45069
Time: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Fee: $95.00 per attendee includes program, breakfast, lunch and handouts.
Does my product need certification?
Where and how do I begin the process?
What does CE, CCC, TCF, CSA, CSUS mean?
The certification process can be confusing but many companies comply and sell successfully in markets that require certifications. Find out how you too can understand, apply and comply to the processes involved in certification.
Meet the experts that can help you!
Prior to exporting, U.S. manufacturers have to consider certification for the EU, China and other foreign markets. Certification is about conformity assessment (testing and certification) in order to declare compliance with importing country’s regulatory requirements. In the EU, the majority of exported products, compliance is visibly testified by the use of CE marking. Use of standards is part of the process.
In China, the CCC safety license requirement by the government of China requires manufacturers to obtain the China Compulsory Certification (CCC) mark before exporting to or selling products covered in the CCC catalogue in the China market. The system impacts many U.S. exporters, across a wide range of manufacturing sectors. Products not meeting CCC requirements may be held at the border by Chinese Customs and will be subject to other penalties.
So how do you protect your company and determine if your products require certification or CE marking or CCC mark? You can find out by attending the upcoming program, International Standards Update. The speakers are expert in their fields and can explain if you need certification, how to determine, where to get started and provide real-life situations and case studies on how to best protect you and your company.
Speakers and Topics
8:00 to 8:15 am Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:15 to 9:15 am Product Certification (What, Why, How, Where?)
Presenter: John Liu, Safety Senior Project Manager, F2 Labs
* Why is certification needed?
* How do I get certification?
* What are the requirements for CE/UL/CSA?
* Where and how do I begin the certification process?
9:15 to 10:15 am Basic CE Mark Theory
Presenter: Alan Scott, CEO, Laicon Inc.
* What is CE? What is the significance of CE?
* How do we comply?
* What are EHSR’s?
* How do I compile a TCF?
10:15 to 10:30 am Break
10:30 to 11:00 am Regulatory Trends in the EU
Presenter: Sylvia Mohr, Standards Specialist, US Mission to the EU
* Introduction and overview to the Commercial Service to the U.S. Mission to the European Union (CSEU)
* The European Union today
* Regulatory trends in the EU including the next generation of CE marking legislation, energy efficient legislation, review of medical devices, etc.
* Status of US/EU Regulatory Cooperation on product safety and standards
* CE marking best practices from CSEU’s perspective
11:00 to 12:00 pm Certification in China
Presenter: Kimberly Kirkendall, President, International Resource Development, Inc.
* Learn how the Chinese approach product certification
* Find out about the registration and approval process
* Suggestions for managing the product registration process – from the US, use an agent, staff in China?
* Hear about common pitfalls and lessons learned
12:00 to 1:00 pm Lunch
1:00 to 2:00 pm Case studies and Q/A period
For additional info, contact Kathy Marshalek at 937.775.3524 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org