Home > All Things Internet, Business News, Clients on the Move..., Marketing & Sales > GALATUNE Reaches Kickstarter Funding Goals

GALATUNE Reaches Kickstarter Funding Goals

09/12/2016

galatuneAdam Wik, SBDC client and owner of Galatune, a table top battle card game company, used his considerable marketing skills to great advantage exceeding his Kickstarter funding goal, raising $20,841 from 138 backers. The Galatune game involves two to five players who each control a champion warrior. They fight each other at the same time and get points by defeating their opponents (see video).  Pre-orders are now being taken for the game on the Galatune website http://www.galatune.com/ with a December 1st release date.

Wik is a Wright State University Marketing graduate and is currently pursuing his MBA.  Galatune is a game he developed as a child, perfected it through playing it with family and friends, and in 2015 he launched his business to bring the game to market.  He was the 2016 winner of the Wright Venture competition; a business competition for Wright State students which allows them to present their ideas to a panel of potential investors.

Wik has advice for those launching Kickstarter campaigns:

  1. Make the campaign page perfect. Search for similar campaigns in your category with top levels of funding and use them as a template.
  2. Know that Kickstarter isn’t a magical lead generation tool. Its first a platform to collect funds, and secondly a lead generation tool. Every campaign will be a bit different, but from my personal experience and research I’d say a strong project should only expect around 35% of its funding to be generated through Kickstarter leads. That means that the remaining 65% needs to come from a combination of your existing network of followers and 3rd party advertising.
  3. Build your network first. I mentioned that most of your funding will be coming from your existing fan-base, so spend at least 3-6 months building a solid audience first before launching the campaign. This can be done through trade shows, social media, and face-to-face networking.
  4. Start Day One strong. The way Kickstarter’s search algorithms work, it is VITAL that day one of your campaign gets a sizable chunk of donors and funding. How do you do this? Make sure you have a line of loyal family, friends, and fans ready and eagerly waiting for that Kickstarter page to open. Stay in good contact with them and let them know how important it is to give on day one
  5. MOST IMPORTANT TIP: Don’t make your Kickstarter too long. Only set your window open long enough to cover your planned networking. For instance, if you don’t have any events or ads or networking planned, your Kickstarter might as well only be one or two days long. People will not magically flock to your Kickstarter without promotion, so each day of the campaign should be justified by your active marketing schedule.

Congratulations to Adam Wik and Galatune, truly a Client on the Move!

Galatune

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: